Friday, October 5, 2012

What is Clean Eating?

That's a question that i get really often, clean eating, is a lifestyle and in it you try to remove all processed foods from your daily diet and add more fruits, vegetables, whole grain, and lean protein to it, all of this with purpose of pursuing a better general health, weight loss, increase of energy and other positives changes not always pursued but acquired are improvement on your skin, decreased cellulitis, hair and nails growth and of course less visits to the doctor.

On the previously mentioned lifestyle there is a simple list of things you should avoid and some other things you should add to your diet, between of the foods you are supposed to avoid are the following:

-White -Flower, sugar, rice.
-Processed and refined products.
-Preservatives, fast food and alcohol (with this one i make an exception some weekends, lol)

In the same matter as i mentioned before there are foods that you can and must add to your daily diet such as:

-Fresh fruits and vegetables.
-Whole grain pasta and wheat.
-Lean protein and healthy fats.
-Organic or grass fed products.
-Limited dairy products.

On this blog i will try to share with all of you recipes that i identify with and that had help me to look at this healthy lifestyle in a more fun way, if we think about it the only moment that we have to do something for our future is now being healthier to avoid many diseases, because in the end trips to the doctor are way more expensive, lol.

I hope you can all join me on this journey that i'm starting now sharing my recipes and things of interest for general health with all of you and as my son Enzo would say: "All aboarddddd" ^_^

2 comments:

  1. I love that finally someone who feels the same way I do. However, juggling 2 special needs children one over weight teenage is such a challenge however, I invent healthy meals myself, especially that my son is on the gluten free casein free diet. I am excited to share my recipes also if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my!!! It must be hard Felicia to juggle all of that... Thank you so much i would love it if you could share your recipes with us and pictures if you have, this is about helping eachother, i love it!!!! Thank you!!!!! :D

      Delete